Launched to Members and distinguished guests at their 2017 Annual General Meeting, the Solvents Industry Association has collaborated with the European Solvents Industry Group (ESIG) to produce the latest in their series of solvent-related safety films entitled, ‘Safe Loading and Transportation of Bulk Solvents by Road’.
Designed to support hauliers, drivers and site operators, this short film encourages best practice in the safe transportation of solvents and bulk transfer between vehicles and storage vessels.
The film was shot over a 3-day period at sites in the Netherlands and the UK, and covers all aspects of the disciplines required to ensure the safe loading of solvents and flammable liquids, including;
- The hazards associated with solvents and solvent-based materials
- Pre-delivery inspection
- Arrival on site and induction
- Adherence to site rules and understanding emergency procedures
- Using the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safe connection to loading gantries and storage vessels
- Communication between site operators and drivers
- Safeguards against static discharge and spills
- ADR requirements for vehicles and drivers
Available in 5 languages, this latest film accompanies previous productions from the SIA and ESIG, which include, ‘Safe Use of Solvents’, ‘Solvents and IBCs’, ‘Solvents and Static Electricity’ and ‘Solvents and the Safe Use of Gloves’.
Click the link below to view. USB copies are available on request from the SIA.